Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Special.. ( Part - 5 )


part -1

part -2

part - 3

part - 4


Dedicated to all the GIRLS I’ve come across in my life. Specially for – RITIKA and NEETU ( the best girls I’ve ever met.. they still don’t cease to surprise me !)


-“ NO ! FOR EVER!”


(CONTINUED AFTER THE PREVIOUS PART )


Her words hit me like a ton of bricks!

-“ but how can you leave... I mean no... stop kidding.. its just not done.. its not possible.. how can u leave now ? I mean in the middle of the session.”

-“remember I told you once, that dad is setting up his business in Bangalore.”

-“ ya” I said looking at the ground .

-“ now everything is settled there and he can’t keep jumping between bhilai and Bangalore , so he’s taking us with him. He has had talks with a CBSE school there and they have agreed to take me in. The course is same , so there isn’t so much of a problem. I’ll also be shifted to FIITJEE’s Bangalore branch “ .

-“ when are you leaving?”

-“ today at 11:30 “

-“ what the hell ?? this is crazzy yaar..”

-“ I’m sorry. I wanted to tell you earlier but you were so busy preparing for the test for the past 2 weeks, that we couldn’t meet properly and I wanted to tell you earlier today but your mood was off and I feared how you would react to this..”

-“ when do you have to reach home?”

-“ by 8:30 ..”

It was 7:30.. phew!! I stood up hastily saying- “ you wait right here.. I’ll be back ! don’t go anywhere..” and started running ( leaving her puzzled). For the next 30 odd minutes, I kept running and running around the whole of Nehru nagar stopping in between at a few places.. first halt was ‘Intimate flower boutique’ . “ I want a bouquet of yellow roses.. fast.. I don’t have much time so pllleeaasse make that quick . Here’s the advance... I’ll come back in a few minutes to collect it !” and saying this I exited the shop and started running again. My second halt was ‘HUM-TUM gift shop’. kamal bhaiyya kuch mazedaar sa gift chahiye.. jaldi!” I said panting. I continued –“ and please avoid ghisa pita gifts like those teddies and bracelets n stuff.. show something different and exciting !” . “ are yaar ab itni jaldi kya dhoondhoo?” he said. I was madly searching for a gift when my eyes fell on a mirror which was reflecting the opposite shop’s board which read- ‘HOT TOMATO SOUP’ . “ GOT IT !” I exclaimed... I ordered the gift and asked kamal bhaiyya to pack it beautifully and make it ready while I come back. “Aur aaj mere paas paise nai hai.. bharosa rakho.. aur agar wo nai rakhna toh ye ghadi rakho..” I said and started running again ! “bhaiyya I tomato soup pack kardo..” I ordered at the shop. And while the gift and the soup was getting ready I collected the bouquet from ‘Intimate’ and on the way back to the park I collected the gift and soup too. By 8:05 I reached the park. I was gasping for my breath. She was petrified to see me like this. Seeing the stuff in my hands and said-“ aree yaar all this now....

-“ shhhhh...” I interrupted. I bent on my knees and extended the bouquet of yellow roses towards her, and continued- “ this might sound a bit queer.. don’t worry I’m not proposing to be my girlfriend.. but ‘WILL YOU BE AS SPECIAL AS YOU ARE FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE’ “.

-“ YES !” she said emotionally and took the bouquet from my hands.

- “ here’s a gift for you..”. I gave her the gift.

-“ open it na !” I said. She opened it and took out a coffee mug.. a black coffee mug.

-“ well I know tomato soup will be the last thing you would have in this mug but.. well I couldn’t get anything else” I said and poured hot tomato soup in the mug. As soon as I did that, the mug started glowing and the hidden message “YOU ARE SO SPECIAL TO ME !” sparkled on it ( surprise surprise.. It was a thermal sensing mug which illuminates on adding hot substance.. physics is actually not that bad !). her eyes beamed with joy seeing that! And for that one beautiful smile I could run another 100 miles without hesitating. Her eyes were moist again. She placed her hands on my cheek and said- “ oh god dear ! today I wanted to roam the whole of bhilai before leaving.. you made it possible and now with soo cute gesture .. you have made my day dude ! I couldn’t have asked for a better farewell !”

-´my pleasure madame’ !”

She bent forward and planted a warm and friendly kiss on my cheek. I went red with blush.. I hesitated first, but then I too gave a soft peck on her cheek. We bear-hugged each other for a few moments.

It was time for her to go..

-“ by the way, you were out of your home for the whole day! What will you tell your dad !?” I asked.

-“ I told him beforehand only that I’ll spend the whole day with tisha. Now I’ll walk up to my place.. byee dear ...”

I kept waving at her till she was in sight ! after a while she disappeared into the darkness of the night .....

Hey guys ! this is not the end ! not yet..


TO BE CONTINUED..



DISCLAIMER :-

ALL THE EVENTS AND CHARACTERS ARE FICTITIOUS. ANY RESEMBLANCE IS JUST A COINCIDENCE.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having a "just-frnds" types of person in your life,according 2 me, is one of the most luckiest events to happen in this world......lucky your characters.Wohhh...no teddies,no braclets;hot tomato soup in a glowing mug 4 ur special frn's farewell,vry creative!!

$/:\|{E.!. said...

WOOOOOW !!!!! nice again.....
and yaar mujhe teri last line pasand ni hai : "TO BE CONTINUED"...... aur kitta wait karwayga???

Unknown said...

B E A....UUUTIFUL! classy dialogues..nice words...everything's JUST GUD N PERFECT! nd dat "buh-bye friend moment"....rula diya yaar!! wt else could i say...? AMAZING..CUTE :)

Anita said...

Ok Sonu..The glowing mug with Hot soup put a smile on my face on a very busy hectic day I was having..thought that was refreshing!! Cute writing. Part 4 is my favorite... (May be because it gave some clarity..not sure??)
Honestly I was little uncomfortable reading the part where you talk about your principal..You don't always have to use such abusive language to show how angry you were/are...just my two cents...Other than that great narration...I still have hard time to believe that this is all your imagination..(if it truly is ...);-)

Anita said...

Oops ..I meant my favorite s this one Part 5

Unknown said...

aakhon me aasu aa gaya yar!!!!! good going my dear romantic guru!!!!

divsi said...

loved this part:)) esp the way u said " i m not proposin to be my gf:)" jus stay special:)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails