Sunday, April 18, 2010

Special..( Part - 1 )


Dedicated to all the GIRLS I’ve come across in my life. Specially for – RITIKA and NEETU ( the best girls I’ve ever met.. they still don’t cease to surprise me ! )


“Shit shit shit !!!!” I shouted rather barked loud enough to attract the attention of 50 something students who like me were crowding near the rank list, to check their scores of the latest monthly test of FIITJEE ( where I don’t know how or why I was taking coaching for IIT-JEE for the past 6-7 months ). “Easy.. easy.. what happened?” she said coming (almost rushing) towards me. Of course , she was the only one who was concerned about my over-reaction. The rest were in no time, back to checking their own scores. For them, nothing in this world is more important than their scores. “hey ! what happened? Come lets go and sit there..” she said ( I could see genuine concern in her eyes ) and pointed toward the bench in the lawn outside the office. We walked to the bench and sat besides each other. In bhilai, a girl and a boy sitting together on a secluded bench is considered a taboo of sorts. But she didn’t care about what people say and think, she cared about only one thing, that I was in distress and badly needed support.

-“ you ok ?” she said calmly. ( Oh god ! she’s sooo sweet ).

-“yes”. I said (almost hushed) and nodded my head.

-“what’s the matter?” she asked.

-“again in bottom 10 ! again ! I mean I’m so bloody sick of seeing my name on this bloody shit rank list which hangs there every bloody month ... pardon my lingo.”

-“its ok ! its ok ! chill !!”

-“ no it’s not bloody ok ! everything that’s going on is not ok... I mean why am I in a place like this.. full of geeks, creepy mathematics symbols, hammering machines operating on some damn laws formulated by bastards like einstien and newton, and not to miss the suffocating chemical reactions... Pardon my lingo again .“

-“ offo ! leave it yaar. Kuch nai hota .”

-“ hota hai yaar.. bohot kuch..! I can’t tell you how frustrated I am with these classes which take the hell out of me. And I feel like a jackass, who is capable of doing nothing.. bloody nothing . and I hurl all this frustration on my mummy and brother! I mean I shouldn’t do this! But it happens! You know when I go home after checking my scores and mummy asks me about them, I wish the earth would split and devour me. It feels so shameful. My throat chokes while talking to dad on phone when he calls from office to enquire about my marks. I mean, look at me, I’m wasting his hard earned money ! I feel so disspirited and guilty. But then when I sit to study ... aaaaarrrrggghhhhh... it feels like hell ! I mean how does it matter to me whether the refrigirator or a radio works X way and not Y way !”

-“listen...” she was about to say something but I continued gushing out my agony...

-“ and to add to all this, every month there’s a summon to the HOD , and his discouraging words only add to the agony . saala b@#$%^&*~ .” ( aah! A hindi swear word is so relieving, I wonder how I could swear in front of her, how I could do whatever I want when with her .. can you find a girl before whom you can swear? )

- “this time also you are summoned?”

- “ya in bottom ten ! what else do you expect?”

-“hmm... when?”

-“in the next half an hour. I’ve to meet him in the staff room. Its scary ! I am speechless in fron of him. I feel helpless.. I feel..”

- “ shhh..” she hushed me and took my hand in hers. She then entangled her fingers with mine and gripped my hand.. tightly. Oh god ! it felt sooo good. I heaved a breath of relief. “ look at me” she said keeping the calmness intact. I looked into her eyes- serene and tranquil. She blinked her eyes softly, gesturing- ‘its alright! I AM THERE FOR YOU ‘. And then it was magic. I was rejuvanated . A smile gleamed on my face.. just a little.. but a genuine one. Yes! It was there.. it had been missing for a long time now. I was looking into her eyes and she continued-“ listen.. no matter what happens in future.. no matter what people say or believe.. remember just one thing- YOU ROCK ! I believe in you. I’ll be there for you come what may ! whatever path you choose in your life, remember that my support and faith are always with you. Whenever you feel scared or depressed just imagine that I’m always holding your hand just like this. Never let anyone or anything bog you down. Always believe in yourself just the way I believe in you.” And for the next half an hour or so I kept looking into her eyes.. my hands still in the firm grip of hers. She finally inturrupted the silence – “ you must go now. Its time. And don’t be scared. Just put forward your point. Go rock! And take the hell out of that bastard HOD.”

- “woah woah .. what’s with the lingo huh?”

-“ what ! you guys think only you can abuse !” she said and smiled naughtily.

I smiled back and started walking towards the staff room. After walking a few steps I paused.. turned back and rushed to the bench. “ hey ! thanks a ton. I can’t tell you how -...“

-“later” she inturrupted. ” I’m waiting for you right here. First finish up your meeting and then we’ll talk. Even I have to tell you something very important. “

-“ohk ohk ..”

I said and rushed to the staff rrom. I reached the door of the staff room . I held the knob. BUT SHIT ! again nervousness held me captive. My feet ran cold, my heart was thumping, my forehead and palms went sweaty. I was almost trembling. But just then, I felt a gentle touch on my hands. It was her. Yes ! her fingers slowly started tangling with mine and she finally gripped my hand tightly just the way she did sometime earlier. Nobody else could see her. But for me she was there. I was looking into her pleasent eyes. She was with me. I turned the knob ,opened the door and went in...............................



TO BE CONTINUED... ( WAIT FOR THE COMING PARTS..)

9 comments:

Ashish said...

waiting fo the nxt part...nice 1

Vanshri said...

Fatang hai bosss!!

Nxt part aaj e daal de dnt make us wait!!!

Unknown said...

haan sai mein...waiting for the nxt part....this one roxxxxx!!!!

Unknown said...

this one was realy fantastic yaaar .........agla part bhy jaldy daal de.........

$/:\|{E.!. said...

Again dude!!!...... m waiting...mak it quick yar....

divsi said...

m sorieee m late!!:(
was caught up with studies...

but wen u mailed me bout the update i found time out for this...
brilliant kickstrt to the story:)
brilliant....
the way u described the girl's care n what a whole lotta difference it made to the boy...superb:)

prashant said...

thankyou soo much dvisi ! such a wonderful and encouraging comment coming from an experienced blogger like you means a lot !!!

Unknown said...

hmmmm.......good...

Anonymous said...

wow ! like the way you explain the minute details. And those side- thoughts .. loved it !!
Gr8 work .. cant wait to read the next post :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails