Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Special..( Part - 2 )



Dedicated to all the GIRLS I’ve come across in my life.Specially for – RITIKA and NEETU ( the best girls I’ve ever met..they still don’t cease to surprise me! )

( CONTINUED AFTER THE FIRST PART.. )


I had a heated debate with that bastard HOD over why I don’t want IIT any more..



After half an hour..


HOD - What do you think of yourself ? director banega.. mazak samajh rakha hai life ko ?

Me – sir I tried to be serious about life. ‘think prctically’, ‘ be an enginner.. it has great scope..’ , I really tried to follow these rules.. only to find unhappiness.. chaha , mama, bua, mausi, padosi, family friends everybody had thier opinion as to how I could be succesful.. but none had even a single thought about my happiness. It took me 7 months of frustration and confusion to understand that its better ( for me.. if not for my “well wishers” ) to treat life as a joke, follow my heart and be happy, than to be serious and be a little less “succesful”. Besides happiness is my measure of success not the width of my house or the length of my car. Any ways these kind of talks are not for engineers like you. Maybe I should take your leave now?

HOD- life is not as easy as your bullshit philosophy. How do you think you are going to get there.

Me- don’t know yet. But ya, I know what’s going to be my first step – leave this bloody institute- FIITJEE.

He was bewildered.

HOD- huh .. do you think your parents will allow this? (confident that parents are always there to stop children from following their dreams when everyone else has failed.)

ME- Sir they are my parents not yours. So please don’t bother to think too much about them, your brain is only good for physics. I know how to convince them. Thankyou.

And I stood up and went to the door and exited the room. Super canary shit ! how could i say all that! Yes ! finally ! finally I could answer that bastard back and shut his mouth up. I got the courage to defend myself. Finally I have the courage to say to all my ‘well wishers’-“ you suck !”. its my life and I’ll will live it in my own way ( as long as I’m not breaking law- the one laid out by constitution I mean, not by the society ). And all this has happened because of her. She was like an angle who with her mere touch and pleasant eyes wiped all the scars of gloom and despair away. I went to her , she was sitting on the same bench with her back towards me. I went close to her and patted her shoulder. She turned back and seeing me her eyes beamed with excitement. “hey kya hua ?? kaisa raha so called counseling ” she asked her eyes reflecting the eagerness inside her. I smiled and said “lets just say, he won’t call me to his brain-hammering sessions anymore.”. “ wow dude!” she exclaimed and we hi-fived. “All because of you.. really. I can’t thank you in words. Chalo lets do one thing.. just make a wish.. ask for anything, I’ll fulfill your wish.. will do anything for you!”

-“OK! Here’s my wish! You’ll have to spend the rest of the day with me.. on my own terms !”

-“cool” I agreed ( unaware of how drastic her terms would be..)

Just then my mobile beeped. And as I was about to pick it up she stopped me and ordered – “ my first condition- while with me, cell phone- switched off. I hate mobiles!” she had told me this earlier also. She felt that mobiles have taken away the mystery and passion out of relationships and that.. well well I’ll tell you about it some other time. Coming back to the track.. I switched off my mobile ( it was her day !). “condition 2 – I don’t have my scooty today as I came with Tisha, so you’ll have to take me wherever I want and drop me back home.” Thus came the second condition. “ what?? You mean you’ll ride my bike and we’ll roam all over the city” I inquired. “ no here’s my condition no. 3 - you can use any other means of transport other than your bike.. or your friend’s bike in that case” she clarified. I was stunned! “ what ? I mean how?” I asked bewildered.

-“ think .. but first lets start walking..” and she started walking .. just aimlessly.. I followed her.

-“ do u know how crazy you go sometimes..?”

- “yes I know..” she said without looking at me but I know she was controlling her smile..

-“ what.. you really serious about it..” I asked and stopped.

She turned towards me and said “koi shaq?” and raised an eyebrow. And again started walking. I had no option again to follow her. I finally surrendered.

-“ OK fine! Where exactly do you want to go?”

- “ to INDIAN COFFEE HOUSE... I want coffee..”

-“ what? You want to go to ICH??? Wahan toh sab uncle aunty, buddhe log jate hai yaar..!

-“ but I want to go there only !”

-“ok” I sighed .. thought for a moment to find a way to reach there and said- “ so.. we’ll catch a tempo, go to sector-10 chowk and then walk upto ICH.. will that be ok ?!”

-“ but I want to go to supela ICH

-“ WHAT???????????????????????????” phew !

After changing 3 tempos, walking a few meters we reached ICH. ‘ a building can’t be more gloomy than this ‘ I thought looking at the ICH building. We went inside. Everybody’s eyes were scorching us! Girl and boy together ! bhilai.. bhilai ! we sat at a table, and a turbaned waiter arrived.. “ do cofee “ I ordered but madame’ had more frills-“ doodh zyaada, cheeni zyaada, aur filter coffee hi honi chahiye..”. the waiter nodded and went away! She looked around the hall with a shine of remembrance dancing in her eyes.. and said “you know I picked up the habit of drinking coffee from here only. My father used to take me here every Saturday. He would order coffee and I would take sambar vada. One day I relented that I want coffee.. and my sweet dad couldn’t deny. As time passed our visits to this place decreased and lately almost vanished. You know we change with time but this place hasn’t changed. The coffee tastes just the way it used to in the past. the plastic chairs and wooden tables are the same. The waiters don't dress in fancy suits.. they’ve stuck to whites and turbans.” I kept looking at her and listening to every word of hers, with my hand on my cheek . its this very innocence of hers which makes me surrender to her. By then the coffee arrived and over the hot cup of coffee we talked about various things.. about her childhood, my childhood.. school life before FIITJEE- hers and mine. Really ! a lot can happen over a cup of coffee! After some time we came out of ICH. I again looked at the building. It didn’t seem so gloomy anymore, she had infused brightness into that building, just the way she had in my life!

-“ so what next?”

- “hmmm........................................................”


TO BE CONTINUED .................


DISCLAIMER :-

ALL THE EVENTS AND CHARACTERS ARE FICTITIOUS. ANY RESEMBLANCE IS JUST A COINCIDENCE.

7 comments:

$/:\|{E.!. said...

kitta wait karwata hai yar tu..........

ohk ohk....... m waiting......

n this time again..... jhakkkas hai!

ASHISH THARWANI said...

u described it the exact way..how wierd can girls b at times...n how guys become dumb wen girls act so crazy...hehehe..nice 1..

prashant said...

thanx ashish ! tat was a very nice comment !!

Unknown said...

this is how girls are!!! and you have described it very well prashant..u truely are a very good writer..i am ur big fan

divsi said...

:):) all i can do is smile..yeah a hell lot ova coffee...
i will read other parts soon...:)

p.s: i loved the new layout of ya blog:)

Unknown said...

:) very nice...sirji:)

Anonymous said...

“yes I know..” she said without looking at me but I know she was controlling her smile..
Gosh !! I could so easily identify with it ..
an awesome write up again !!! :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails