Saturday, October 17, 2009

BLOGS N ME !

Hii frns !! How are you ?? Well I'm writing a post after a long time. You know these blogs consume a lot of time and energy . Hey! don't start imagining me locked in a room with books all around , studying 12 hours a day. I would be the last person to do that ! Actually I'm a bit lazy yaar ! I was also not getting a proper topic to write on. The previous two posts were a bit serious-types , this time i wanted something light. Finally i decided to stop pondering over topics and write whatever comes to my heart. So here i am , writing on my experiences with blogging . Well I was introduced to blogs by one of my friend whose sis was an active blogger. He knew that I like reading and asked me to check out his sis's blog. I instantly like blogs . First of all I liked that they give you a website of your own , which completely belongs to you . It was a great medium to express yourself and nobody can stop you from doing so, and also the fact that you can follow other bloggers whose works appeal to you. So i created my blog - take it lightly (courtesy: cadburys, i borrowed the phrase from a perk ad ) . I was very excited and was searching for a different topic to write on. Well joker of batman dark knight gave me the idea I wanted , and finally after two weeks of creation of blog i posted my 1st post - why so serious? Thrilled, i sent the link to everyone on my orkut friends list. Needless to say not even half of them visited, and those who did , found it too long and instantly ridiculed the idea reading the whole thing. But can't blame them- no normal guy or gal would read blog of an over philosophical, over analysing freak (as many call me.. but i somehow like the tag..). But still many of my dear friends took the pain to read it . I would like to use this post as a platform to express my deep gratitude to all those who read my blogs and were always supportive in every step of my new venture . Special thanks to shriti, anchit, saraswathy, meenal( she started following it without even reading a single post! she did tat just coz i told her to ) and my bua . The response was quite interesting. My bua who read the blog called me and said - "you have written very well . You have really grown up yaar . It was very hi-fi and philosophical . But i got a bit confused, it was a movie review of dark knight na! I haven't seen the movie so i couldn't understand it very well !" . Hearing this my heart sank . The precise meaning of her talks was - "I couldn't make the head or tail of it ". My article looked like a MOVIE REVIEW !!!! What can be worse than this ! But on the flip side, I got some good comments as well. I got boost up especially when i got an encouraging comment from my frns sis, whose blog inspired me to start my own blog , and i don't know how but someone from bengaluru( i should not call it bangalore , you know the wake up sid controversy ;-) ) read the blog and called her sis who's from bhilai and appreciated it and sent her the link, and surprisingly that sis of her's happened to be my neighbour !!!! It was a good omen to signify that i should go on with my blog . The second article i wrote was- ' tradition vs modernity ' . It was also published in our school magzine. It was straight out of my heart and maybe that's why people found my slamming of tradition and religion a bit too cynical. I got indulged into a good 1 hour debate with an orkut frn who was a harcore traditional. My best frn read it said - " such an athiest you are " . Well i would like to clarify to everybody that I AM NOT AN ATHIEST , but i would prefer to call myself spiritual rather than religious . I believe in a superpower almighty but can't see sense in the hoopla that is created over religion in india. My funda of worshipping god is respecting everyone and everything and not harming anybody since god is eternal and is present all around us. Oops ! I am again getting seroius !! I should cut it right away !!! I don't know whether its a good start or a bad one, but one thing is for sure- I am loving this. Blogs have also made me a bit patient. I have now understood that any new venture, takes a bit of time to settle and people will start accepting it only gradually. Anyway , looks like i have somehow managed to complete my third post which was just a collection of my random thoughts about blogs. i put an end to this by extending my warm diwali wishes to you and your family - HAPPY DIWALI !! .
Cheers,
your's affectionately,
Prashant.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey prashant ..

gr8 going ..

n thanx for tht small mention .. :)

m realy priviledged ..

all d best .. keep up this enthu ...

\m/..\m/

Anita said...

Nice blog Once Again!!Very Personal and Honest

Unknown said...

yep.....
naveen sir was vry vry correct...
u r really vry nice...
i always wonder wn i can write like u....
a big fan of urss frm now.....
have a gr888 goin ahead...

Unknown said...

good going..

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails